Ron Bloom in Sept. 2009 became President Obama’s Senior Counselor for Manufacturing Policy, and in Feb. 2011 became the Assistant to the President for Manufacturing Policy. In Oct. 2011 Bloom left the Obama Administration, and upon the request of the National Association of Letter Carriers, was hired to save the bleeding Postal Service.
– Ron Blooms Wikipedia page.
– Work went on in 2009 to scrub Bloom’s image from “labor activist” to “liberal.”
Notable facts about Ron Bloom courtesy of ChunkyPita.com:
Well here’s 6 simple facts that the mainstream media will tell you about Ron Bloom:
- A leader of the White House task force overseeing auto company bailouts; worked on restructuring of General Motors and Chrysler LLC.
- Was special assistant to president of the United Steelworkers union from 1996-Feb 2009
- Has negotiated restructuring deals for more than 50 companies, getting major concessions from unions and companies.
- Was raised in New York in a pro-union family, which included a schoolteacher mother and unionized relatives.
- After working for the Service Employees International Union, got an MBA from Harvard University because he thought unions lacked business smarts, he said in a 1996 interview in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- From 1985 to 1990, he worked as an investment banker with Lazard Freres & Co., which specializes in mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring, before co-founding the investment-banking firm Keilin and Bloom.
And here’s 6 simple facts about his political motivations:
- The appointment of Bloom suggests President Obama wants to impose Detroit’s catastrophic forced unionism model on all American manufacturing workers.
The result of this personnel move seems likely to be more forced unionism, less American competitiveness, more job losses, and ultimately more bankruptcies and taxpayer-funded bailouts of corruptly run union pension plans.
“I think he’s the right person at this time to be talking about manufacturing and job development,” said national AFL-CIO President John Sweeney, about the labor-friendly Bloom.
Ron Bloom Quote:
“Workers want unions. All polls indicate that if union workers, given an unimpeded choice,whether or not to form a union, join a union, they will join a union”…but there’s no question, since 1980, there has been a sustained employer offensive to weaken unions for reasons that are logical from an employers perspective…The political environment we have in this country is not conducive to workers forming unions.”
Bloom is another Obama socialist looking to complete the transformation of America into a socialist state and ultimately, a fascist one.
In a Democratic Socialist Newsletter, listen to what Ron Bloom writes:
” …run the companies and actively participate in the political process on the basis of what is good for your shareholders – and not based on outmoded nostrums about unions, free enterprise, deregulation, free markets and free trade. In today’s world the blather about free trade, free-markets and the joys of competition is nothing but pablum for the suckers.”
Bloom’s harsh views on the Free Market which he gave at the Sierra Club: