Hizb-ut-Tahrir (HUT) – was founded in Jordanian-controlled East Jerusalem by Sheikh Taqi-ud-deen Al-Nabahani in 1951 as the “The Party of Liberation.” HUT is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, the group seeks to re-establish the caliphate, or “golden age” of Islamic rule, or Sharia Law through political means, as they claim.
- Political party with cells in more than 40 nations
- Outlawed as a terrorist group in Russia, Germany, and many Islamic countries
- Seeks to replace all governments with a single Islamic ruler, or Caliph
- Hizb-ut-Tahrir is a “totalitarian organization, akin to a disciplined Marxist-Leninist party“
- Has also been holding Islamic world dominating revolution rallies inside the U.S. in 2009, attempted in 2010, and recently June 26, 2011…all in Chicago.
- Despite their “banned” status in other countries, U.S. Homeland Security and the Obama Adminstration refuse to consider them a terrorist threat, not surprising as they increase relations with the parent of Hizb-ut-Tahrir, the Muslim Brotherhood.