WordPress is currently experiencing issues with some embedded videos…see links to view videos
In September 2009 during my research I came across some videos of Yuri Bezmenov, an ex-KGB officer who defected to Canada in 1970. I found startling similarities between his descriptions & warnings for the U.S. and its potential loss of control to Liberals and radicals. The events over the past 4 years by the Obama Administration, the Czars, and many of the bills passed in Congress by BOTH sides of the aisle are frighteningly similar to the methods Yuri described as “Ideological Subversion.”
I believe these videos should be a prerequisite for any citizen in these trying times, to learn from history so we do not fall victim to methods like these. Any party or politician or organization that serves to degradate our freedoms and morality should be pointed out as such and not allowed to succeed.
A brief background on Yuri Bezmenov:
Yuri Alexandrovic Bezmenov, now known as Tomas David Schuman, was born in 1939 in the former Soviet Union and worked as a journalist for Pravda. In this capacity, he secretly answered to the KGB. His true job was to further the aims of communist Russia. After being assigned to a station in India, Bezmenov eventually grew to love the people and culture of India, while, at the same time, he began to resent the KGB-sanctioned oppression of intellectuals who dissented from Moscow’s policies. He decided to defect to the West. Bezmenov/Schuman is best remembered for his Pro-American Anti-communist lectures and books from the 1980s. – Wikipedia
Ideological Indoctrination: An interview with Ex-KGB officer Yuri Bezmenov in 1985 (Link):
Build your own custom video playlist at embedr.com
A lecture given by Yuri Bezmenov on the tactics of Subversion in L.A. in 1983 (Link):
Principles of Subversion
1. Cover with ridicule all of the valid traditions in your opponent’s country.
2. Implicate their leaders in criminal affairs and turn them over to the scorn of their populace at the right time.
3. Disrupt the work of their government by every means;
4. Do not shun the aid of the lowest and most despicable individuals of your enemy’s country.
5. Spread disunity and dispute among the citizens.
6. Turn the young against the old.
7. Be generous with promises and rewards to collaborators and accomplices.