On Sept. 16th I began chronicling the reported actions and comments by the Obama Administration during and after the attack on the Libyan consulate that resulted in the deaths of 4 Americans including Ambassador Stevens. The following are news & blog reports from Sept. 11th to Oct. 19th. This is information that we should NOT allow to be forgotten, lest our brave men died for nothing. Also, those accountable, whoever they are, from whatever party they are from should answer for their inaction during these Americans’ greatest need.
First on Sept. 11, while the Embassies are being attacked in Egypt & Libya.
…and the U.S. Ambassador in Libya is being, saved or attacked:
BREAKING: Video Purports To Show US Ambassador Dragged From Benghazi Consulate – from Breitbart.
(this story is still developing…),
President Obama gives a speech bowing and praising the Arab Spring and promising to give billions of dollars to the same countries with violent protests of Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia, who are burning the American flag:
It was then reported that Ambassador Stevens was being dragged through the streets of Benghazi and even allegedly raped:
Then, as The Blogmocracy described the chain of events in the execution of Ambassador Stevens, the Obama Administration sprung into action:
The Benghazi attack was a carefully planned al Qaeda attack by a team of 20 professional terrorists, whereas most riots elsewhere were orchestrated attacks to provide the background ‘noise’ to initially mask the Libyan professional hit. This professional hit was in response to the killing of Abu Yahya al-Libi in June by a US drone in north western Pakistan. Libya was specifically chosen because Abu Yahya al-Libi was Libyan and Benghazi was awash with Salifists (background noise) and al Qaeda operatives (the hit team) who were involved in the rebel forces that US White House sponsored in the bid to oust Gaddafi. President Obama was specifically warned about involving himself and the US in the Libyan war on Qaddafi. He chose to ignore that advice.
It would appear that the ‘hit team’, led by Ayman al Zawahri, broke into two sections of 10 each. The first section used 60mm light mortars, RPG7s and machine guns to lay siege to the Benghazi US Consulate villa, and started a fire in the building. US Ambassador Stevens and Information director Smith plus two US Marine Corps close protection personnel attempted to flee the siege after many hours and fell foul to a carefully sited ambush by the second al Qaeda team. The vehicle was stopped by RPG7 fire and the wounded occupants were executed on the ground beside the vehicle. The US victims of the ambush then lay for a further 8 hours whilst the CIA operatives in Libya were restrained by orders from the State Department and White House not to actively seek intelligence and find the missing Ambassador. Obama went to bed and nothing further was done until 8 hours later when Stevens and his group were still missing. Under US Marine Corps detachment prodding and State Department personnel forebodings, a search was then mounted for the Ambassador and his party and the burned out car and bodies were found.
Prior to this orchestrated attack to execute Ambassador Stevens and his associates, there were a number of other attacks in Benghazi that took place leading up to that tragic event:
- June 6th: An IED was thrown at perimeter U.S. consulate.
- June 11th: British Ambassador motorcade was attacked, 2 hurt.
- June 18th: Gunmen attack Tunsian consulate and burned its flag.
- August 5th: Red Cross building hit with RPGs.
- In the past year 230 terror incidents have been recorded in Libya
With these reported attacks in Benghazi, in a country President Obama described as having ‘a newly formed government,’ don’t you think it would be wise to have a U.S. Marine presence at a facility the Senior Administrative officials had described as “interim”? The State Department did not think so.
Then only 2 days later, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the same person in charge of the State Department who restrained CIA operatives in Libya because they (and the White House) did not want to “actively seek intelligence and find the missing Ambassador,” celebrated the Muslim Holiday two days after the 9/11 Attacks with a man who supported Scotland’s release of Lockerbie Bomber, former Libya Ambassador to the U.S., Ali Sulaiman Aujali. This was also THE SAME DAY the body of Ambassador Stevens and the other 3 dead Americans also landed back on U.S. soil.
So while Hillary was entertaining another Muslim Brotherhood supporter, President Obama was making plans to:
“…cut $1.084 Billion From The State Department’s Diplomatic And Consular Program, Including $2 Million For The Protection Of Foreign Missions And Officials, And $129 Million For Embassy Security, Construction, And Maintenance.”
as reported by the Weekly Standard & discovered by researchers in “OMB Report Pursuant To The Sequestration Transparency Act Of 2012,” Office Of Management And Budget, pp. 135-136.
The oversight and incompetency by this Administration in their handling of Foreign Policy is so sad and tragic, it is not even laughable. It is certainly not laughable to the families of Ambassador Stevens and the 3 other diplomatic officials executed in Libya. It was not only reported that President Obama has skipped more than half of his intelligence meetings, but as Breitbart.com reported:
According to the White House calendar, there is no public record of President Barack Obama attending his daily intelligence briefing–known as the Presidential Daily Brief (PDB)–in the week leading up to the attacks on the U.S. embassy in Cairo and the murder of U.S. Libyan Ambassador Chris Stevens and three American members of his staff.
When Opinion Writer for the Washington Post, Marc A. Thiessen, asked National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor, as reported in an article on Sept. 13th, about President Obama being AWOL from his intelligence meetings he had this to say:
He noted that Obama had attended a principals meeting of the National Security Council on Sept. 10 and reiterated that he reads the PDB [Presidential Daily Briefs]. “As I’ve told you every time you ask, the President gets his PDB every day,” Vietor told me by e-mail, adding this swipe at Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush: “Unlike your former boss, he has it delivered to his residence in the morning and not briefed to him.”
Maybe some “other” presidents need to go over briefings with CIA analysts to explain details of information in order to fully understand the scope (or threat), but not Mr. Obama. As Vietor described Mr. Obama, he is “among the most sophisticated consumers of intelligence on the planet.”
I am sure that is little comfort to Mr. Stevens and the other 3 dead Americans’ families, 2 of which were former Navy Seals, knowing Mr. Obama is staying informed and not having his PDBs being “briefed to him.” Even great presidents like John F. Kennedy had his limitations as Thiessen explained:
When President John F. Kennedy gathered every living American Nobel laureate for dinner at the White House in 1962, he declared it “the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.”
It’s a good thing we have a president who is not bothered by such a pesky thing as limitations, no matter how persistently and continuously they may surface. So not bothered he is, that the death of 4 American citizens overseas, at a facility that SHOULD have been well guarded, and numerous U.S. Embassies being violently attacked all over the world, does not slow down the Obama Presidential Campaign for 2012. On to Vegas. My God! Can we call the president who spoke with Clint Eastwood at the RNC Convention, because at least that one showed up for work.
Update: Nine Days Later, Violent Protests in Benghazi, Libya Deemed a ‘Terrorist Attack,’ Sort of?
From Breitbart on Sept. 19th:
It took long enough. For over a week, the Obama administration refused to label the obvious terrorist attack in Libya what it was. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice maintained that it was “spontaneous,” not preplanned, and solely in response to an obscure YouTube video. Even today, White House press secretary Jay Carney said “based on what we know now and knew at the time, we have no evidence of a preplanned or premeditated attack.”
There is a reason that the White House sent out a low-level surrogate to finally whisper to the press that the attack in Libya was a terrorist assault: it’s great campaigning. If the Obama administration had announced at the outset that the attacks in Libya were terrorist and preplanned in nature, no doubt the American public would have been even more outraged by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s lax security preparations in Libya, and the Obama administration’s ridiculous kowtowing to Islamists in the country. Instead, the Obama administration buried the truth. They leaked it out, maintaining plausible deniability, only after Obama’s media allies successfully shifted the narrative to Mitt Romney, calling him unpatriotic for challenging the Obama administration’s apologetic attitude.
This is great politics. It quashes the story of how Obama’s people fell asleep at the switch, mesmerized by their own mirages about the Arab Spring.
Obama also NOW returns to personal Intel briefings.
…after four Americans were murdered and Mr. Obama’s foreign policy approval rating plunged, Mr. Obama has now decided to actually start showing up for his daily presidential intelligence briefings, just as Mr. Thiessen urged him to do.
Now it is reported that the leader of the attack force in Libya, Sufyan Ben Qumu, that resulted in the deaths of Ambassador Stevens and 3 other Americans, was held at Gitmo, and armed and trained by the U.S. Mr. Obama, know anything about this??
Obama’s Chronology of the Embassy Terrorist Attacks
- 9/11/12: President Obama was aware of the attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya 90 MINUTES after they started on 9/11/12. There were 2 waves of attacks that lasted SEVERAL HOURS. Libyan looters found Ambassador Steven’s body ONLY HOURS after the attacks began. FOX News Special Report stated that President Obama went to bed ONLY 3 HOURS AFTER THE ATTACKS BEGAN; Source: Gateway Pundit. Well, he did have his BIG TRIP to Vegas the next day for his re-election campaign, guess he needed his sleep.
- 9/12/12: U.S. Intelligence officials stated to the Daily Beast on Sept. 26th that within 24 hours they knew the operatives involved in the U.S. consulate attack in Libya were Al Qaeda affiliated; “There was very good information on this in the first 24 hours. These guys have a return address.”
The Obama Administration then scrubbed the website of the Overseas Security Advisory Council, that is part of the Bureau of Diplomatic Security under the U.S. Department of State. This screenshot was captured by blogger Speak With Authority who discovered that five days before 9-11 the US State Department sent out a memo reporting no security threats were reported for Sept. 11th.
See Gateway Pundit for details.
Incidentally, Libyan officials warned the U.S. THREE DAYS EARLIER that security at the U.S. consulate was deteriorating.
- 9/18/12: Source: State Department Considering Talks to Transfer ‘Blind Sheikh’ to Egypt
- 9/19/12: WHITE HOUSE WAS WARNED – Islamists Said They Would “Burn the Embassy Down on 9-11″
- 9/20/12: Committee Chairs Want Answers on Blind Sheikh Release
- 9/20/12: Unreal. Obama Runs Taxpayer Funded Apology Ads in Pakistan (Video)
- 9/20/12: Both President Obama and Hillary Clinton dodge questions why there was such lax security at the “consulate” in Libya where Ambassador Chris Stevens and 3 other Americans were violently attacked and killed:
Here Obama dodges the question on Univision:
Also Thursday as reported on Breitbart.com on 9/21/12, Hillary Clinton met with Republican House & Senate members to brief them on the Libyan attack. She followed the Administration’s tune of the attacks being caused by the video, “unpremeditated”, and not driven by the 9/11 anniversary. They were not convinced.
- 9/21/12: Hillary Clinton finally came out on Friday to AP stating that the attack in Benghazi, Libya was a “terrorist attack” that killed the American ambassador to Libya and three others. What WH Press Secretary Jay Carney described last week was that the attack was “in response to a video—a film—that we have judged to be reprehensible and disgusting.” The Daily Beast reported, “Now there is mounting evidence that the White House’s initial portrayal of the attacks as a mere outgrowth of protest was incorrect—or, at the very least, incomplete.”
U.S. Intelligence officials also told the Daily Beast that a Libyan politician who was chose to head security for the consulate was linked to Al Queda and a local Libyan militia known as the February 17 Brigade as well as the Muslim Brotherhood. However, two former special operators and a former intelligence officer told Daily Beast that, “Doherty and Woods’s job was not to protect Ambassador Chris Stevens.”
Apparently that task was left to Regional Security Officers who “unfortunately” got separated from Stevens during the attack. Incidentally, on Sunday U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice stated that there was not enough security at the Libyan consulate, since Ambassador Stevens and his men are dead now, I would have to agree. And now after the fact, even a Libyan official told CBS News today that “We don’t have enough power to catch them.” With being one of the most unprotected U.S. Ambassadors we have, and no Marine security in tow, why again was Ambassador Stevens there?
- 9/23/12: President Obama on CBS’ 60 Minutes refers to Israel’s concern over Iran’s march toward a nuclear program as “noise.” From the Weekly Standard:
STEVE KROFT: “How much pressure have you been getting from Prime Minister Netanyahu to make up your mind to use military force in Iran?”
PRESIDENT OBAMA: “Well—look, I have conversations with Prime Minister Netanyahu all the time. And I understand and share Prime Minister Netanyahu’s insistence that Iran should not obtain a nuclear weapon, because it would threaten us, it would threaten Israel, and it would threaten the world and kick off a nuclear arms race.”
STEVE KROFT: “You’re saying, you don’t feel any pressure from Prime Minister Netanyahu in the middle of a campaign to try and get you to change your policy and draw a line in the sand? You don’t feel any pressure?”
PRESIDENT OBAMA: “When it comes to our national security decisions—any pressure that I feel is simply to do what’s right for the American people. And I am going to block out—any noise that’s out there. Now I feel an obligation, not pressure but obligation, to make sure that we’re in close consultation with the Israelis—on these issues. Because it affects them deeply. They’re one of our closest allies in the region. And we’ve got an Iranian regime that has said horrible things that directly threaten Israel’s existence.“
Strangely enough, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also referred to Israel’s concern for Iran’s nuclear build-up as “noise.”
Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad used the same word to describe Israel in an interview with the Washington Post, as Andrea Saul notes:
IGNATIUS: “I want to ask as my first question the one every citizen of the world would like to ask today: What is the chance of a war in Iran that would result from an Israeli attack on your nuclear facilities?”
AHMADINEJAD: “I have spoken about this topic at length, previously. We generally speaking do not take very seriously the issue of the Zionists and the possible dangers emanating from them. Of course they would love to find a way for their own salvation by making a lot of noise and to raise stakes in order to save themselves. But I do not believe they will succeed. Iran is also a very well recognized country and her defensive powers are very clear.”
The meeting of President Obama & Egyptian President Morsi, which was originally requested by Obama back in July, was now quickly reported canceled in the New York Times on the 23rd. As of yet, there is still no planned meeting schedule with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu.
- 9/24/12:President Obama has decided not to meet with ANY WORLD LEADERS while many are in NYC for the UN General Assembly…while the world is on fire with violent protests and deaths…but he does have time to appear on the The View. As reported on the Daily Caller:
“The president has blocked out time to appear on ‘The View’ on Tuesday. So he has time for Whoopi Goldberg, but he doesn’t have time for world leaders?” asked Wallace.
“No, Chris. Look, the president is going to be actively involved at the U.N. General Assembly,” said Gibbs on Sunday.
“He’s not meeting in private with leaders. He’s giving a speech.”
According to the official White House schedule, Obama will sit down with first lady Michelle Obama on Monday in New York for a pre-taped interview, which will air Tuesday on “The View.” His address at the U.N. takes place on Tuesday.
“There are telephones in the White House. Last week, he talked to the president of Egypt. He talked to the leader in Libya. We don’t need a meeting in Washington just to confer with leaders,” Gibbs told Wallace.
Notice the Prime Minster of Israel is STILL not on that short list uttered.
- 9/25/12: Busy day for Mr. Obama. First, he went on the “The View” to spend time with his cheerleaders, as he felt comfortable enough to FINALLY admit; “There’s no doubt that the kind of weapons that were used, the ongoing assault, that it wasn’t just a mob action. What’s clear is that, around the world, there are still a lot of threats out there.” John Hayward of Human Events continues:
“It wasn’t just a mob action?” Evidence continues to mount that there was no “mob action” at all, not even an unconnected protest used as cover by the attackers. And we’ve known about the “kind of weapons that were used” since the early hours of the current crisis.
But last Wednesday was the first time anyone from the Administration was willing to describe the death of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans as a terrorist attack. By the following day, White House spokesman Jay Carney said it was “self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack.” Only a few days previously, Carney was insisting “we have no information that it was a pre-planned attack,” nothing that happened on 9/11/12 was “a response to the Administration, to the American people,” and “the cause of the unrest was a video.”
Then at the UN General Assembly he had these enlightening words to say:
“The future does not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.” MRCTV had the transcript of his speech today:
The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt – it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women – it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources – it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs; workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the men and women that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.
The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims. It is time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies, and that is the vision we will support.
I would be more inclined to believe his words in defense of the violence against Coptic Christians if he had a track record of speaking out so zealously in defense of Christianity and our Freedom Of Speech as he does in support of Islam. However, since he spent 5 minutes talking about the YouTube Video, and only a minutes and a half on on Iran, I still don’t think he “gets it.”
The Heritage Foundation had an excellent breakdown of Mr. Obama’s speech in an article in which they highlighted the “5 Ways Obama Disappointed at the United Nations. ” Here is the breakdown but see the article for more details:
1. He failed to give a robust defense of free speech.
2. He tiptoed around Iran.
3. He failed to give Israel strong backing.
4. He did not promote economic freedom.
5. He failed to project American strength.
Though even Libya’s President Mohamed Magarief states that the attack on the U.S. consulate was NOT from the film because there were NO PROTESTERS prior to the attack, Mr. Obama continues to push the narrative that the cause of the attack (and protests) was this Youtube trailer.
- 9/26/12: Today, the Daily Beast’s Eli Lake reported that a number of Intelligence officials had good intel on those involved in the U.S. consulate the attack were al Qaeda–affiliated operatives, within the first 24 hours. One official stated:
“There was very good information on this in the first 24 hours. These guys have a return address. There are camps of people and a wide variety of things we could do.”
- 9/27/12: “According to Barack Obama’s White House schedule today, he has some time after 2:10 p.m. to do anything in the world he’d like to do. But apparently he still won’t meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.” – Breitbart.com. I guess Mr. Obama wants to keep his schedule open in case “Pimp With a Limp” has another spot open up.
Despite Israeli Prime Minster Netanyahu’s speech to the United Nations General Assembly today, whom Susan Rice, Obama’s UN Ambassador, skipped out on, I am sure Netanyahu would have been happy to meet with Mr. Obama today…no go!
- 9/28/12: The NY Times reported: despite the violent protests, that may or may not have been orchestrated as a distraction for the Libyan “terrorist” attack, the Obama Administration is charging on with donating $1 BILLION aid package Obama has pledged to the Egyptian government. On Friday, while investigations are still progressing, Obama notified Congress that he would go through with the first portion of $450 million payment. Representative Kay Granger of Texas said she would put a stop to that, saying the relationship with Egypt “has never been under more scrutiny.”
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Friday announced $45 million in additional aid for Syrian opposition activists, the latest U.S. push for influence in a civil war that’s raged beyond the international community’s control.
Isn’t this how we got in the trouble with Libya, by providing assistance to rebels and not caring if they were connected to members of the terror watch list or not?
- 9/29/12: Breitbart.com reported that now 2 weeks after the terror attack in Libya resulting in the death of 4 Americans, is still getting stonewalled by the State Dept. & the Dept. of Justice. Rush Limbaugh suspects, “The FBI will not lie about what they find, so the regime has got to keep them out of there.” Limbaugh continued, “if you have the FBI conducting an investigation and telling everybody officially what we know, that’s not good for the regime.”
- 9/30/12: David Axelrod heads on over to CNN with Candy Crowley and tries to rewrite history and say that President Obama called it a terrorist attack all along. This Administration must really believe we all wake up not remembering anything from the day before, and for those that don’t recall…we have video.
“Well, first of all, Candy, as you know, the president called it an act of terror the day after it happened.”
Yeah, and the GOP has been funding this site since day one!
- 10/2/12: Republican Representatives Darrell Issa, Jason Chaffetz, and many others authored a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. In the letter they were asking for more information on why Ambassador Stevens was in such a dangerous post as the U.S. consulate of Libya, why the threats and significance of Sept. 11 was ignored, and why requests for more security were ignored.
- 10/5/12: CNS News reported that F.B.I. finally gets into Benghazi to investigate embassy terrorist attack.:
Asked whether the need for the security presence suggested Benghazi was too dangerous a place for Stevens to have visited in the first place, Little declined to “get into speculation of what security was like beforehand.”
Given the deaths of the four Americans, he said, “we think it’s only prudent to take measures to protect our personnel who may be investigating what happened there. That’s the bottom line.”
Eric Holder said:
“You should not assume that all that we could do or have been doing is restricted solely to Benghazi. There are a variety of other places – in country and outside the country – where relevant things could be done and have been done.”
I guess securing the scene of the terrorist attack was not high on their list, especially since CNN reporters were able to wander into the remains of the consulate and secure the Ambassador’s private journal.
Plus, an email came out showing that the State Department also rejected requests for additional security for the U.S. Embassy in Libya despite major concerns.
- 10/7/12: Reports are now coming out that the Obama State Department withdrew a 16 member SEAL security team from Benghazi one month before the deadly attacks. This was despite the fact that there were 13 attacks in the country in the past several months.
- 10/10/12: Under condition of anonymity, officials from the State Dept. admitted to the Washington Post that the attack in Benghazi, Libya was not spurred by a violent protest (there was NO protest in Benghazi “that day”) or the video:
The State Department now says it never believed the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was a film protest gone awry, giving congressional Republicans new fodder for criticizing the Obama administration’s initial accounts of the assault.
The State Department’s extraordinary break with other administration offices came in a department briefing Tuesday, where officials said “others” in the executive branch concluded initially that the protest was based, like others in the Middle East, on a film that ridiculed the Prophet Muhammad.
That was never the department’s conclusion, a senior official told reporters.
Here are a couple of quotes from White House Press Secretary Jay Carney that are definitely worth remembering:
Sept.14th – “We’re very proud of the President’s record on foreign policy and are happy to make the case at the appropriate time.”
Also Sept. 14th – “This is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy, this is in response to a video that is offensive to Muslims”
So when IS the appropriate time for the American People to get the truth on the terror attacks in Benghazi? Another question that may be answered at the Congressional Inquiry scheduled today.
Updates from Congressional Inquiry into Terror Attacks in Benghazi:
• State Dept. Admits ONLY ONE Security Member Was Guarding Ambassador Stevens During 9-11 Attack (Video)
• House Oversight Committee Probes Security Arrangements at Libyan Diplomatic Mission
• Chaffetz: State Dept. Used Classified Photo at Public Hearing on Libya
- 10/11/12: As reported on Breitbart.com: Pennsylvania Rep. Mike Kelly was on fire with common sense during yesterday’s Congressional Inquiry into the incompetence, here is the video of his 5-minute comments.
It’s very unfortunate that terrorists don’t recognize that this is an election year. They tend to do what they want when they want to us. And when we have a weakened position around the world, and when we leave our embassies, and our consuls, and our people as unprotected as we do, and then we say, “This is terrible, because it’s 27 days before an election. Why are we bringing it up now?”
But where the heck were we before 9/11 — this 9/11? Why weren’t we questioning it then?
Judging from the excellent way this Congressional panel was digging into the facts of what happened and what didn’t happen, there is a clear sign this matter is not going away any time soon.
Stephanie Cutter today on CNN with Brooke Baldwin blamed “Romney & Ryan” as the sole reasons why the Obama Administration’s failures in properly dealing with the Benghazi terror attacks is a “political topic,” as reported in the Blaze:
“The entire reason that this has become the political topic it is, is because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. It’s a big part of their stump speech,” Cutter said. “And it’s reckless and irresponsible.”
“But Stephanie, this is national security,” the host replied.
“It is absolutely national security,” Cutter confirmed.
To be sure, the act of terrorism is also a “political topic” for the families of the four Americans that died in the attack as well as millions of Americans who are still grieving the loss of Ambassador Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, a foreign service information management office, and former Navy SEALs Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods.
God forbid a sitting U.S. President should have the responsibility of the nation’s security, as it seems to Ms. Cutter.
From the VP Debate:
During the VP debate Joe Biden made a declaration that U.S. Intelligence or the State Dept. never told them that the attack in Benghazi was a terror attack:
Well, we weren’t told they wanted more security there. We did not know they wanted more security again. And by the way,
at the time we were told exactly — we said exactly what the intelligence community told us that they knew. That was the
assessment. And as the intelligence community changed their view, we made it clear they changed their view.
It is worth noting that this is completely contrary to what was testified under oath yesterday during the Congressional Hearing on the attacks in Benghazi by members of the Intelligence community.
- 10/16/12: President Obama tells the largest lie of his 2012 Presidential Campaign, he stated during the 2nd debate that he called the attacks on the U.S. Consulate a “terror attack.” This is absolutely FALSE.
- 10/19/12: FOX News’ Bret Baier lays out the timeline of events involving the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, and the additional misinformation protruded by the Obama Administration.
“They had two reasons to lie. The first reason was the fact that the Sept. 11 attack occurred a week after they just spent four days in Charlotte dancing on the grave of bin Laden. Remember, this is their single foreign policy achievement. There is none other. Look at Iran. Look at Russia. Look at Israel. Look at Syria. Look at the Arab spring. It’s all in collapse. They got one thing to argue, and they sure argued it, where they made the point again and again and again with that ridiculous slogan from Vice President [Biden], ‘bin laden dead, GM alive,’ because what Libya said, what it was proclaiming to the world and the reason the attack was launched in the first place was to say, ‘bin Laden dead, al-Qaida alive.’ That is what has happened as a result of leading from behind in Libya.
The second thing is, and I heard from this from liberal colleagues is, ‘Well, how could they have done this? Why would they be lying? Wouldn’t they know it would come out? And the answer is no. They saw what the mainstream media did right after the attack. And you know what they did — they spent three days attacking Mitt Romney for a statement he issued the next day, in which he denounced what the Cairo embassy released, the apologetic statement that was made.
So the media went ahead and spent three days ignoring the attack, ignoring the implications and concentrating always on that. So they think they got the media in their pocket. The election is coming up. They simply have to run out the clock, and they’ll be scot-free. They’ll be home free. And that is what they thought. However, it was you and others and Bret Baier and Fox which kept the story alive, because we kept finding out what really happened. And now the mainstream media had been shamed to covering it themselves.”
Many unanswered questions still remain which MUST BE ANSWERED. Unfortunately, with the continuous personal crises Secretary of State Hillary Clinton seems to be experiencing, it makes it difficult to gauge when those questions will be answered.
Among some of those unanswered questions are the suspicion of guns falling into the hands of terror groups or Syrian rebels, as I reported back in October. Hopefully, with the passing of 3 months of holidays, and the wickedly frightening & justifiable distractions of fiscal cliffs and record increasing taxes, we can stay focused also on getting to the truth of the dangers and incompetence still working from within.